This is the third blog in the series on The Lord’s Prayer. The previous blog are Rediscovering the Power of The Lord’s Prayer, Our Father in Heaven and May Your Name Be Sanctified. Now we will continue to the third line of the prayer:
May your Kingdom come
Your will shall be done in heaven and on earth.
Comments and Cultural Insights
1. “Your Kingdom come” does not mean that God is going to set up some kind of universal throne in Jerusalem or any other place on earth.1
2. “Your Kingdom come” means that a movement is arising in which increasing numbers of people are taking on “the yoke of God’s Kingdom” and doing God’s will on the earth.
3. People will recognize the presence of God’s Kingdom as they witness members of the Kingdom of Heaven doing good works – acts of righteousness and TOV.
4. The Kingdom of Heaven isn’t a Kingdom in Heaven. It is a kingdom on earth. “Heaven” in the phrase “Kingdom of Heaven” is a euphemism for the “name of God.” It is Yahweh’s Kingdom and it is on the earth.
Making the words of The Lord’s Prayer a Reality in Our Lives
1. We have already covered almost half of The Lord’s Prayer. The first half has focused on making sure we understood our relationships to “Our Father” and each other.
2. It has also focused on doing God’s will2 -- things which will bring us closer to God and each other.
3. As the Kingdom of Heaven touches the lives of others, people will draw closer to each other and to Him.
If you found this blog informative, useful and valuable, let us know and help us share it with others.
Make others aware of this information by
& getting together with a friend or two and discussing this lesson.
Donate it forward!
If you have never donated,
our “Helping Friends” made this blog available for you!
Become a “Helping Friend” by donating now -- Click Here for options.
By “donating it forward” information will be available to future vistors!
Let Your Amazon Purchases Help Fund this work too!
Click on the link below when you login to Amazon --
Amazon will donate a percentage of what you pay to BHC.
1 Jesus Rabbi & Lord: The Hebrew Story of Jesus Behind Our Gospels by Robert L. Lindsey © 1990 by Cornerstone Publishing, Oak Creek, WI; p. 95
2 Jesus Rabbi & Lord; p. 94.