Skip to main content

I was an Ordained Minister and Did Not Know Anything about the Real Jesus.


I was saved when I was thirteen years old. In my mid-thirties I was an ordained minister – preaching the Gospel of Jesus and saving people. But, I had never even considered that my understanding of Jesus could be wrong! How could I? I lived in a small town that had over 100 churches and a nation with over 100 million believers -- that I thought believed the same things I did about Jesus.

Over the years I have written a lot about my journey and how I learned about using linguistic, fact-based models to reconstruct the teachings of Jesus in the Hebrew language he spoke. My goal was to understand what the words of Jesus meant to him. It didn’t take long for me to discover two very scary things. Continue reading at -

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why did they lay their coats at Saul's feet?

The witnesses, laying their coats at the feet of Saul, were the men that would cast the first stones at Stephen in Acts 7. Why did they all lay their coats at Saul’s feet? The Talmud contains a very interesting account of the act of stoning that may provide the answer. “When the trial was over, they take him [the condemned person] out to be stoned. The place of stoning was at a distance from the court, as it is said, ‘Take out the one who has cursed.’ [i] A man stands at the entrance of the court; in his hand is a signaling flag [Hebrew   sudarin = sudar , ‘scarf, sweater’]. A horseman was stationed far away but within sight of him. If one [of the judges] says, ‘I have something [more] to say in his favor,’ he [the signaler] waves the   sudarin , and the horseman runs and stops them [from stoning him]. Even if [the condemned person] himself says, ‘I have something to say in my favor,’ they bring him back, even four of five times, only provided that there is some substance to...

Lots of Elohims, Idols, and King Solomon! This Why We Use Models & Guidelines!

  If we had been there at the time of Ezekiel, as we walked around Jerusalem, we would have seen people giving food to idols and worshipping them on the mountain tops around Jerusalem. There were idols in the Temple also. Who put the idols in Jerusalem? Continue reading at - https://mailchi.mp/f44166b57dd2/lots-of-elohims-idols-and-king-solomon-this-why-we-use-models-guidelines

Remember the Power of TZEDAQAH and Returning!

  TZEDAQAH is the outstanding, overriding, and yet simple, theme of Jesus. This means one thing to people who view Jesus through a “Religion Box.” It means something very different to people who view Jesus through the “Alliance and Covenant of the Creator of the Skies and the Earth” box! Continue reading at - https://mailchi.mp/b63c22467a93/remember-the-power-of-tzedaqah-and-returning